First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Bounds for Multi-Way Tables
k-way table of non-negative counts, k 3.
- Release set of marginal totals, possibly overlapping.
- Goal: Compute bounds for cell entries.
- LP and IP approaches are NP-hard.
Our strategy has been to:
- Develop efficient methods for several special cases.
- Exploit linkage to statistical theory where possible.
- Use general, less efficient methods for residual cases.
Direct generalizations to tables with non-integer, non-negative entries.