First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Example 1: 2000 Census
U.S. decennial census “long form”
- 1 in 6 sample of households nationwide.
- 53 questions, many with multiple categories.
- Data measured with substantial error!
- Data reported after application of data swapping!
- 50 states; 3,000 counties; 4 million “blocks”.
- Release of detailed geography yields uniqueness in sample and at some level in population.
American Factfinder releases various 3-way tables at different levels of geography.