First page Back Continue Last page Overview Graphics
Summary and Open Questions
Very high perturbation is needed for privacy
- Threshold phenomenon – above n: total privacy, below n: none (poly-time adversary)
- Rules out many currently proposed solutions for SDB privacy
- Q: what’s on the threshold? Usability?
Main tool: A reconstruction algorithm
- Reconstructing an n-bit string from perturbed partial sums/thresholds
Privacy for a T-bounded adversary with a random database
- T perturbation
- Q: other database distributions
Q: Crypto and SDB privacy?
Question is interesting
Explains why others failed
Desperately need a new model